My Top 10 Host Search Overview:
My Top 10 is a new original show featuring YOU as you explore the globe and create your ultimate Top 10 travel lists. Whether it’s your Top 10 adventure activities, Top 10 road trips, or the Top 10 foods you wish you never ate, your list will take you to places in the world you have always wanted to go. Send us a video audition and if you are selected you will win the chance to host My Top 10, and to contribute to Travel and Escape’s website and tablet magazine. Audition now and show us why your TOP 10 is number 1.
What to put on tape:
All applicants must acknowledge that they have read, understand and will comply with all of the following Rules and Eligibility Requirements (“Eligibility”) of “Travel and Escape’s My Top 10″ program (the “Program”) in order to submit the application:
1. Employees, officers and directors of Blue Ant Media Inc. (“Producer”), and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, parent corporations, and joint venture partners (collectively with Producer, the “Released Parties”), all Program advertising, promotional and judging agencies, Program broadcasters and distributors and all other companies associated with the production, administration and/or exhibition of the Program and/or any of their respective licensees, assigns, parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, divisions, and joint ventures as well as (a) the immediate family (spouse, ex- spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, step-parents, step- children, step-siblings, regardless of where they live), and (b) members of the same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents, are not eligible to be the host of ‘Travel and Escape’s My Top 10″ or to participate in this application process. In addition, any applicant closely acquainted with any person connected with the production or administration or exhibition of the Program is not eligible if, in Producer’s sole discretion, the person’s participation could create the appearance of impropriety.
2. All applicants must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age at the time of application.
3. Applicants may not presently be a candidate for any type of political office (“Candidate”) and may not become a Candidate from the time the application is submitted until one (1) year after first broadcast of the last episode of the Program in which they appear.
4. Applicants will be ineligible if, at any time, they have been the host of a nationally televised travel and/or travel-related program.
5. All applicants must be Canadian citizens or resident aliens living in Canada with a legal right to live and work in Canada.
6. All applicants must be in excellent physical and mental health.
7. Applicants will be ineligible if, as of March 15th, 2013 they have any type of contract for talent representation (for example, a talent agent or manager), an acting contract, a television hosting contract, a merchandising agreement, or any other contractual arrangement that would prohibit applicant from entering into a talent contract,management contract and/or merchandising contract with Producer. If you are selected as host, you will be required to provide evidence in a form that is satisfactory to Producer in its sole discretion that any such agreements or contracts will not prohibit or limit in any way a hosts obligations to Producer, as set forth herein, and in accordance with such other directives of Producer.
8. Applicants may apply in one of two ways:
9. Applicants may submit videos with the following restrictions:
What to put on tape:
10. Applications MUST be written clearly or typed.
11. All applications must be received no later than March 15, 2013. Filming is scheduled for Spring 2013 (or as otherwise scheduled by Producers) so it’s important to send your videos as soon as possible to be considered.
12. From among all the completed applications Travel and Escape receives, staff and consultants of Travel and Escape and the Producer will evaluate each application on a number of subjective factors, all of which have the aim of determining which applicants have what it takes to be a Travel and Escape on- air personality. We will be looking at personality, style, presence, ability to talk about travel, knowledge of travel, and some experience with travel.
13. Only one (1) application per person will be accepted. Applicants who submit more than one (1) application will be disqualified.
14. All applications (including all materials submitted in connection with each application or submitted as supplemental materials requested by Producer and/or its’ affiliates) will not be returned and will become the property of Producer and its affiliates, which shall have the sole and exclusive right to use the applications in any manner throughout the universe in perpetuity, as set forth in greater detail in the Release.
15. If you are chosen as Host you must furnish a legible photocopy of your passport; driver’s license; and birth certificate.
16. By applying for participation in the Program, you authorize Producer to conduct civil, family court, criminal, financial, driver history and any other type of background check deemed necessary by Producer. Producer reserves the right to disqualify any applicant from further consideration based on the results of such background check in Producer’s sole discretion.
17. All applicants acknowledge and agree that if they are selected as host to appear in the Program, they will be required to enter into a Talent Services Agreement with Producer that will (i) require applicant to render services as the host, co-host, or contributor to the Program which shall include without limitation meetings, consultations, rehearsals, pre-production preparation, travel, make-up, wardrobe, fittings, location scouting, meal time, on-camera performance, overtime, travel and hold-over days, post production looping and dubbing, prop shots, hosting and/or participating in interstitials or other promotional endeavours, excerpts and montages, recalls, promotion and customary publicity services (ii) require applicant to contribute a reasonable amount of original written content to Producer’s digital media platforms for a term of one year (iii) require applicant to participate in commercial endorsements for third parties as requested by Producer (iv) render applicant’s on air services (including commercial endorsements) exclusive to Travel and Escape Network (or third parties designated by Travel and Escape Network in the case of commercial endorsements) for one year (meaning that applicant would not, among other limitations, be able to appear on any other broadcast or cable television programming or make public appearances or publish a travel book or engage in any other competitive activity as determined by Producer acting reasonably, without Producer ‘s express written permission in each circumstance); (v) require applicant to receive media training, conduct press appearances, and film for up to 3 weeks in spring 2013 (or as otherwise scheduled by Producers) and (vi) participate in selected dates for a media tour in connection with the Program’s premiere and promotion of the Program. Producer pay compensation of $5000 for such services and will furnish the selected applicant with economy class air transportation, housing meals and a per diem while on the show. Applicants who will not be available for all of the dates selected by producer will be disqualified. In addition, the Talent Services Agreement shall provide Producer an exclusive option, exercisable in writing, to extend the Talent Services Agreement for (a) up to an additional 13 episodes and/or (b) up to an additional three seasons of the Program. If the Option is exercised, compensation for additional episodes will be in line with industry standards and will be mutually agreed by the parties acting in good faith.
18. Each applicant acknowledges, understands and agrees that he or she, if chosen as the Host of Travel and Escape’s My Top 10, may be audio and/or
video taped at any time, seven (7) days a week while participating in the Program by means of open cameras, (collectively, “Recordings”) and that such
Recordings may be disseminated on television and/or all media now known or hereafter devised, in any and all manner throughout the Universe in perpetuity.
19. All applicants understand and acknowledge that participation in the Program, including, without limitation, the activities and events arranged by the Program coordinator may expose applicant and other participants to the risk of death, serious injury, illness or disease and/or property damage. Applicants must be willing and able to participate in physical activities related to travel on location, on television sets, and the like. Applicants must sign a release attesting to the fact that the applicant understands and knowingly and willingly agrees to assume such risks. Applicants understand that by submitting this participant application (the “Participant Application”), applicants acknowledge that they accept and assume all risks known or unknown of any nature (including, without limitation, the foregoing) that may arise in any way from or relate to applicant’s participation in the Program.
20. Each applicant acknowledges, understands and agrees that Producer may disclose any information contained within or derived from his or her application to third persons connected with the Program and to compile information from third parties in connection with such application and the application process about applicant’s private, personal and public life, relationships with third persons, confidences and secrets with family, friends, significant others, including without limitation: physical appearance; personal characteristics/habits (both physical and mental); medical treatment/history (both physical and mental); educational and employment history; military history; criminal investigations, charges and records; personal views and opinions about life, travel, television, the media, and the like (collectively, “Personal Information”). Applicant acknowledges and agrees that Producer may reveal such Personal Information to third parties in the course of the application process and/or the Program and that Applicant releases, discharges, and holds harmless the Released Parties (as defined above) from any and all claims and damages arising from such compilation or disclosure of Personal Information.
21. Applicants acknowledge, understand, and agree that the Released Parties’ use or revelation of Personal Information and Recordings as defined in these Eligibility Requirements may be embarrassing, unfavourable, humiliating, and/or derogatory and/or may portray him or her in a false light. Each applicant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all claims (including, without limitation, claims for slander, libel, defamation, violation of rights of privacy, publicity, personality, and/or civil rights, depiction in a false light, intentional or negligent infliction of emotional distress, copyright infringement, and/or any other tort and/or damages arising from or in any way relating to the submission of a Participant Application, participation in the selection process, participation in the Program, the use of the Personal Information or Recordings and/or the use of the applicant’s name, voice, and/or likeness in connection with the Program, or the promotion thereof in all media now known or hereafter devised. Applicants are required to sign Releases to this effect.
22. Each applicant acknowledges and agrees that he or she is not and will under no circumstances as a result of the submission of a Participant Application, participation in the selection process, participation in the Program, the use of the Personal Information or Recordings and/or the use of the applicant’s name, voice, and/or likeness in connection with the Program, the promotion thereof in all media now known or hereafter devised or for any other reason in connection with his or her application and/or participation in the Program become an employee or an independent contractor of the Producer and/or Released Parties and will not make any claims against Producer and/or Released Parties, including, without limitation, claims for compensation, derived from any allegation of status as an employee. Each applicant acknowledges and agrees that his or her relationship to Producer and/or Released Parties is and shall be limited solely to that of a grantor of rights.
23. Any applicant who has appeared on or is involved with any television program or other media must disclose such information in his or her application and may, at Producer’s sole discretion, be deemed ineligible to participate in the Program. If any applicant is currently being considered as a contestant and/or participant in a television show, he/she must withdraw his/her application from such show upon Producer’s request.
24. If selected as Host, the applicant must complete agreements which may include, among other documents: the Talent Services Agreement described above, a General Release and Indemnity Agreement; Confidentiality Agreement; and General Exclusivity Agreement (all forms will be furnished to the Finalists). By agreeing to these documents, the Host will agree to assume the risk of any and all injury, illness, damage, loss, or harm to Host’s person or property of any kind, howsoever caused, arising from or relating to the submission of a Participant Application, the selection of Host, and/or Host’ participation in the Program, and/or the production and/or exploitation of the Program.
25. The selected applicant will be required to meet all physical and psychological requirements, as determined by Producer.
26. All applicants and selected Host shall treat all information and materials received or acquired about Producer, Released Parties, the selection process and/or the Program, as strictly confidential and shall not disclose or otherwise disseminate any such information to any third party. Finalists must sign a Confidentiality Agreement in the form presented by Producer.
27. Upon Producer’s request, the selected host of Travel and Escape’s My Top 10 must agree to sign any additional releases or authorizations that Producer, in its sole discretion, deems necessary.
28. The selected Host of Travel and Escape’s My Top 10 must report and be available to participate in the Program at all times and places as Producer shall designate.
29. All decisions related to the selection of the Host of Travel and Escape’s My Top 10, the application evaluation, and eligibility requirements, shall be subject to change at Producer ‘s sole discretion. Producer reserves the right to disqualify an applicant at any time, to modify these requirements or any aspect of the Program as it deems necessary, and to cancel the production and development of the Program or any programming contemplated here under.
This agreement shall be governed by the law of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
This agreement shall inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective heirs, successors, representatives, assigns, and licensees. BLUE ANT or Producer may assign this agreement to any of its parent, subsidiary, affiliated, or related companies.
I hereby agree that I have read and understand this agreement and that no oral representations of any kind have been made to me, and that this agreement and the provisions of Travel and Escape’s My Top 10 Host Search Rules and Requirements state our entire understanding with reference to the subject matter hereof. Any modification or waiver of any of the provisions of this agreement must be in writing and signed by both of us. Should any provision or part of any provision be void or unenforceable, such provision or part thereof shall be deemed omitted, and this agreement with such provision or part thereof omitted, shall remain in full force and effect. This agreement shall at all times be construed so as to carry out the purpose hereof.
I agree that BLUE ANT shall (i) have the right to use the Recordings, in whole or in part, in any manner or media (whether now existing or created in the future), in perpetuity, in all languages, throughout the universe, and (ii) be entitled to use the Recordings as BLUE ANT deems appropriate, including, without limitation, for promotion and publicity purposes and (iii) own all rights in the Recordings. “Media” for purposes of this Materials Release shall include by way of illustration only: television broadcasts and rebroadcasts, newspapers, magazines, books (both paper and electronic), Internet, digital media, radio (both terrestrial and Internet-based), videotapes, CDs, DVDs and electronic databases.
BLUE ANT is under no obligation to use or exhibit the Recordings in any manner. I waive (i) the right to inspect or approve of any use of the Recordings, (ii) any rights to injunctive relief I may have in connection with this Materials Release, and (iii) the right to revoke this Materials Release.
I agree to hold harmless and indemnify BLUE ANT, its licensees and assigns from all claims, demands, causes of action, damages, liabilities of any kind, and reasonable attorneys’ fees which may arise out of or in connection with the making and/or use of the Recordings.
I agree that no sum shall be due to me for execution of this Materials Release and BLUE ANT shall not be obligated to pay me or any third party any sum whatsoever, regardless of the time or method of any future use of the Recordings.
This Materials Release shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario (excluding conflicts of law principles), regardless of the place of its physical execution and shall be binding on my legal representatives, heirs, and assigns and upon BLUE ANT, its licensees, and assigns. I represent and warrant that I am the sole owner (or the sole owner’s authorized representative) or the sole legal custodian (or the sole legal custodian’s authorized representative) of the Materials and have the right, power and authority to grant the rights set forth in this Materials Release. This Materials Release represents the entire understanding in effect between the parties.